Purpose & Objectives
The purpose of this Hypnotherapy by Muhammad Irshad International Referral Service is to provide the community with excellently trained Certified Hypnotherapists. These Certified Hypnotherapists will work in harmony with local healthcare professionals to aid individuals in dealing with specific medical challenges and procedures.
This program is designed to reduce the stress the individual is experiencing as a hospital patient and/or surgical patient, etc. Less stress allows the body to focus attention on its natural course of healing. The method to be used is hypnosis.
The objectives are clear: To help create a sense of peace and harmony within the individual so that the current challenge can be met and dealt with in a positive manner, thus making the journey toward wellness and peace of mind less traumatic.
The objectives include the following:
- Aid the physician by preparing the patient, thereby enhancing the healing process.
- Aid the physician in bringing the patient to a state of wellness.
- Reinforce the physician’s “orders” and give suggestions for continued speedy recovery.
- Aid the hospital or health care facility in the performance of their function to:
- Meet the requirements of D.R.G.
- Reduce the amount of drugs the patient would normally require, especially in the control of pain.
- Reduce the fear and anxiety associated with surgical procedures and catastrophic illness.
- Assist the family in reducing their anxiety.
- Teach the family members appropriate suggestions to reinforce the physician’s and hospital staff’s efforts on behalf of the patient.
- Teach the patient how to use self-hypnosis after the hospital stay to control pain and aid in his/her healing process.
- Help prepare the family for what they will feel as they wait for results of surgery, tests, etc.; as they see their beloved in ICU; and to dispel any negative feelings in order to create peace and harmony within themselves.
In addition to medical challenges all IMDHA members assist persons in dealing effectively with non-medical problems. Finding solutions to self-sabotaging habits leads to peace of mind and control of negative behavior. Self Empowerment is the goal.
Definition of Hypnosis
Hypnosis may be defined as an education communication process to a person’s mind that allows his/her conscious and subconscious mind to receive the same message. The process produces an altered state of consciousness through physical and mental relaxation. The critical faculty of mind is by-passed and the subconscious openly receives the communication. At this time, the senses are in a state of heightened awareness. The mind will only accept that which goes along with the established morals and ethics. The person in a hypnotic state will respond only to suggestions with which he/she is in agreement. Desire, belief and expectancy are necessary for this altered state to have effect in the outer behavior of the individual.